Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12, 1980





We were married at First Baptist Church in Leesville. Asa's older brother Ronnie, who is now deceased performed the ceremony. Many said it was the most beautiful ceremony they had heard. I can't remember anything Ronnie said. I do remember that my shoes caught on the hem of my dress and I was worried about making it up the steps to the altar. My older brother, Ollie, gave me away since my father was deceased. We each had 6 attendants. It was a beautiful wedding but I remember how hot it was that day. 29 years and two children later we are still happily married. God doesn't promise us a life without problems or trials but he does promise that he will be there with us every step of the way. I hope I have at least another 29 years with the love of my life.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bride! Happy Anniversary...hope you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete