Thursday, November 11, 2010

Toffee Popcorn

The final product in a cute little bag with a vinyl initial. I did mine in a Thanksgiving theme but Christmas would be great, too.

It's better to put the vinyl initial on before filling the bag...do as I say and not as I did :)

I was able to make 9 nice size bags from one recipe

The popcorn has to dry after you pour on the good stuff

This is where it all begins....with 2 little bags of microwave popcorn...yummy


Today I had the day off from work so I was able to get a lot of things done and even try a new recipe. I did sew 6 baby gifts but I won't show you those. Instead I'll share the recipe or at least the inspiration for it. I enjoy reading Edie's blog over at http://www.lifeingraceblog.com/. Right now she is sharing her 12 Days of Christmas which is a daily idea for a homemade Christmas gift for 12 days. On Day 10 she featured Honey Butter and Toffee Popcorn. The popcorn sounded really good but the packaging was also cute so I gave it a try today. I think I will make it again especially since there are people who really like popcorn....I'm not that big a fan but add a little toffee flavor and I'm much more interested. I'll be happy to send you the recipe or you can pop over to Edie's blog and see her version. So here is my process: work your way up... my pictures didn't mind me and come out in the right order and it's too late to try to get them right so sorry :)) Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment