Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sloan & Brooklyn

Just a few things I have been sewing for these two baby girls to arrive soon.  Sewing for girls allows room for lots of embellishments and color choices. 
For Sloan, a pink and white striped receiving blanket.  It was trimmed in green so I stitched her name in that same green.

A hooded towel for Sloan.  I used a heart design from PlanetApplique and added her initials.  The original design had a small lower case initial in the center.  I removed that and added the fancy font initials.....just looks more dainty and feminine.
A regular towel for Brooklyn's big sister.  I used the larger heart and added her initials.  I also added ribbon and a pompom fringe.
Brooklyn's hooded towel.  I love the turquoise fabrics.  These were small pre-cute quilting squares that I bought this summer.  They fit perfectly over the smaller hearts.  The design has a decorative top stitch on the outline which is such a nice touch.  I used white thread top-stitched in turquoise.
These burp cloths were fun to do.  Brooklyn got an Eiffel Tower and Sloan, a fleur de lis.
This design is called Classy Damask Font Frame.  I bought it several months ago when it was on sale and decided to use it for babies.  One in brown and pink and the other in black and pink.  The design is from Embroitique.
A few extras for Sloan.  More baby things to come this week!
Tomorrow is the first day back to work after the wonderful 2 weeks of Christmas vacation.  Good luck to all the teachers who will be in shock when the alarm goes off bright and early in the morning.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute! Baby Sloan is going to be so stylish! I'm so excited for Colleen! =)

    ReplyDelete