Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ruffles

While working on things for Baby Emiry I decided to tackle my new ruffler foot.  Whew!  That thing almost got the best of me but I finally got it figured out.  It is a doosey the way it attaches to the machine and the way the fabric/ribbon feeds through it.  My advice is be sure your needle is threaded and the bobbin thread is pulled up before attaching the foot to your machine.  It will definitely make ruffles much easier and more fun to make.  I've got a ways to go before I'm completely happy with my ruffles.  On this ribbon I set the space to one ruffle/pleat per 6 stitches.  I think that is a good setting for ribbon. I measured my ribbon 2 1/2 times the length of the diaper.  That gives you the correct length you need after the ribbon is ruffled.  It's a little different look from a ruffle make with a basting stitch.  I can highly recommend a ruffler foot!


No comments:

Post a Comment