Monday, April 25, 2011

Bridesmaids Tanks

Jessica, a long-time friend of my children is getting married next month in New Orleans. She asked me to monogram some fun things for her bridesmaids, maid of honor, mom and herself.  Sewing for special occasions always scares me.  I would hate to mess up something special and this assignment really made me nervous.  Jessica and her wedding attendants will have a spa day prior to the big day and she wanted some matching tanks for them to wear.  All she asked was that I use black and white and maybe a fleur de lis.  I stressed over what to design and almost used something else when I went back to another idea....this is what I finally settled on. 

Instead of putting the fleur de lis directly onto the shirt I put it on a circle.  I almost used black & white gingham for the circle knowing that it really wasn't the best fabric for a young bride-to-be & her bridesmaids.  My daughter intervened and told me to use a black & white polka dot.

So 2 are done and 5 more to go.

And...... Happy Easter from Grayson and all of us.  I hope your holiday weekend was wonderful.
God truly blessed us with a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment