Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chalkboard Chargers

I've been wanting to try these for awhile and finally got all my materials together that I needed to do the project.

I started with inexpensive black plastic chargers.  Then I used primer for plastic.....it must be primer/paint for plastic or your chalkboard paint will just "slide" off the charger.

I didn't find primer for plastic so I went with a matte black paint for plastic.  Then after letting that coat dry overnight I sprayed my plate with chalkboard paint.  I used at least 3 thin coats and allowed it to dry completely before spraying another coat.

After it dried completely I used colored chalk and added some writing. This will go under the kids real plates and hopefully when they get bored they can just write at the Easter table.

I added a box of colored chalk and a little cellophane and ribbon.  I think these will  make fun birthday gifts for my little friends.

Just had to share a picture of my little Grayson at an egg hunt this afternoon.  Notice his basket is empty.....he wasn't that interested in looking for eggs but rather what was inside them.  He had a ball and some of the older girls even shared their eggs with him.

1 comment: