Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just Checking In

Remember this fabric?  This is the Autism awareness fabric I bought awhile back and I recently used it to make bookmarks.  I gave a presentation this afternoon to a group of Sunday School teachers.  My part was on Autism and another lady presented on ADD/ADHD.  Since Autism and ADD/ADHD seem to be on the increase the Sunday School director felt it would help her workers if they were given information about these two areas.

I made a ruffle for each front of the bookmarks.  I serged the edges and then gathered the ruffle and attached it to the front of the bookmark and then stitched up the sides.  I have to say these are kind of a "shabby chic" look since I did almost 25 of them.

Just a small thank you to the teachers and to promote awareness for Autism.

And my boys!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend with the beautiful low humidity and the cooler temps!
Please keep the people along the Mississippi River in your prayers.  My heart goes out to them and their families.

1 comment: