Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


I've had these pickles "marinating" for a week and decided I couldn't wait any longer to put them in jars.  A friend made these years ago and shared a jar with me and I have been wanting to try them since then.  Last weekend I did it.  Now I've got the best way figured out so I will be making them again soon and the second batch will be even better.  I want to share the recipe with you and will put it up next week.  I cut 7" squares of fabric to put a finishing touch on the jars, added ribbon and made a label in PSE (very simple label I must say).  I ran the labels on whole sheets of label paper and used a 3" scalloped punch to cut them out.
(I think I misspelled pickles but I'm not doing the labels over...hehe.  Maybe no one will notice)


Last night I finished a couple more shirts for Little Cash Man.  You have seen his surfboard shirt before but the "Wave" and the "Star Patch" are the new shirts.   All of these designs are from Applique Market and she has everything on sale for the holiday weekend.   Cash is having a "water" birthday party so he needed a "wave" shirt to be the Star of his 2nd birthday!
I'm off to spend the day with relatives who are in from Atlanta.  I got to meet my great-niece Ella for the first time.  Oh my, what a doll she is!  We are all hanging out at the pool today.

Have a wonderful, wonderful Saturday!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment