Friday, June 8, 2012

What A Week!


I've had a busy, busy week with VBS, Summer Bible Study and Grayson but it has been a great week.  I will share my week with Grayson later.  Right now I want to show you who also came for a short visit this week.  Sloan and her mommy came to check on Grayson, help with Bible Study and VBS.


You can see who really liked the activity chair.  Grayson sat in it once I think and climbed on it a couple of times but Sloan loves it!  So it is her chair now.  She had a cracker break and watched a little Yo Gabba Gabba.


My two favorite girls

Sloan's mom put her hair in pig tails...little bitty pig tails I must say.  If she leaves it down it looks like a mullet....no mullet for my baby girl.


Lemon Cake


One morning when Grayson was busy watching Disney Channel, I was able to bake a cake.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it.  It is a light recipe if you follow the directions.  It calls for low fat buttermilk.  I had regular buttermilk left over from another recipe which I used so mine is not exactly light. 

 It is a delicious cake and the recipe can be found HERE.

 I also made pickles that morning.  These are called Fire & Ice.  My husband and I love them.  They are so easy to make.  I was able to get 4 pints with the recipe.

Fire & Ice Pickles

2 jars (32 oz each) dill pickle slices
4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic for each jar

Drain and discard juice from pickles.  In large bowl, combine pickles, sugar, pepper sauce and pepper flakes; mix well.  Cover and let stand 2 hours, stirring occasionally.  Spoon pickles into 4 pint-size jars; add a clove of garlic to each.  Cover and refrigerate 1 week before serving.  Keep refrigerated.

They are hot, sweet and yummy!  Bet you can't eat just a couple :)
We're about to take Grayson to meet his mom and dad.  I don't know that I am ready to give him back. (Tears)

Have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment